Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bacon & Beer Chili

For Christmas Eve each year, my family has chili for dinner. This year I was put in charge of the dinner. I found a really yummy recipe but wouldn't you know it, my camera was dead so I couldn't capture the pictures on the initial try of the recipe.

With the weather being a bit on the chilly side this week, I decided to try and make it again. It turned out much better the second time around.

Ingredients include: ground beef (or turkey), bacon, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, beer, garlic, beer, and worchestire sauce, and pinto beans.

Chop up the bacon and cook. Once crisp, add in the onion and garlic.

Once the onions are transparent, add in the ground beef and brown up. Once browned up, add the spices to test.

At this point, I transfer the contents to a pot and add all the wet ingredients.

Let simmer and then enjoy!

Here's the original recipe.

While I was doing this, my husband was attempting to remove a popcorn ceiling in the garage.

Yes, that's a litter box.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment