Thursday, March 26, 2009

Updates...Updates...

So it's been awhile since I blogged....here's a quick update on things going on since the last blog:

* I spent New Year's Eve in Sydney and it was one of my favorite memories ever...really EVER. I was with great friends, in a great location, watching a great show. A group of seven of us bought tickets to a party on top of the Park Hyatt, which has a great view of both the Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. From the roof, we had a phenomenal view of both fireworks shows. I would highly suggest Sydney to anyone that wants to experience New Years in Australia. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

* My friend Max spent the month of February in the Antartic. I got to experience life in Canberra without a girlfriend. It's not so much fun. They say there's a man shortage in Australia, but not if you're in Canberra - there are men everywhere.

* I flew back to the US to attend training in Chicago. Chicago in February is VERY VERY cold. I got to hang out with Mert though so that totally made up for it.

* The week after getting back from Chicago, HA, JC, and I went down to Hobart to pick up Max from her Antartic adventure. That was probably one of my favorite weekends in Australia yet. I should write a whole blog on just that weekend alone.

* HA and I went to Sydney for Sound Relief. Sound Relief was two concerts put on to raise money for the Bush fires and the flooding. The concert in Sydney didn't have a great line up but it was fun to go and spend the weekend in Sydney. The weather was still nice enough to hit the beach.

And now I'm in LA about to board the MayerCraft Carrier for the next five days. From there, I'll head to Phoenix for a few days. It'll be nice to be in my house for awhile - although weird at the same time.

I currently have a lady siting next to me that insists on talking to no one. I'm not sure if you all know, but I absolutely HATE LAX. I mean, I hate it, hate it, hate it.

Look forward to a blog on Hobart and my shenanigans on the MayerCraft!

1 comment: