Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Resolution

For 2011, I have two resolutions.  I don't generally do resolutions because no one ever sticks to them.  But I thought I would give it a go.

Resolution 1 - Exercise more so I can feel better about myself
Of course I would love to lose some of the weight I've put on but more importantly, I want to feel better about myself.  Whenever I exercise regularly, I always feel more energetic and confident.  I do better at work and at my relationships.  I think this is important.  I don't want to focus on a number of pounds or inches to lose.  I think that's just a losing battle.  Instead I want to focus on setting a goal for the number of times I should exercise each week.  Prior to the holidays, I was doing pretty well at getting some form of exercise around 3 times a week.  I think that's fairly reasonable.  To help me stick to my resolution, I've come up with a list of actions to take.

How to get there:
1.  Hire a personal trainer.  I had a personal trainer for awhile when I was in AZ.  I found it very motivational to have someone to answer to each week.  Trainers are cheaper here for some reason so that makes this action alot easier to act on.  I've already got a list of three trainers to contact for quotes.
2.  Go to bed earlier.  Right now, I'm in bed anywhere between 11pm and 1am.  This isn't good.  This means that I can't wake up in the morning to exercise and I'm too tired after work.  I'm going to try and be in bed by 11pm at the latest.
3.  Log eating habits and exercise schedule.  Whether or not I blog this info - I haven't decided yet.  In the meantime, I have an app for the phone which will allow me to track all my food, exercise and weight.  I'll start using it more regularly.

I'm hoping that by putting these online, I'll feel more obligation to actually do them since people I know read this and will probably ask on my progress.

Resolution 2 - Practice my photography
I've seen online that alot of photographers do a 365 project - meaning that they take or edit a picture everyday and post it somewhere online.  I'll be honest - I'm not going to do a picture a day.  So knowing that, I'm going to do a 52 project - one picture per week.  I will take or edit at least one picture per week and post it to the blog.  I'll include all the details on it and any actions/edits I might have done. 

Mom - do you want to join me with this project??

So, here is Week 1 Photograph

Christmas Dinner Table
 I thought HA's mom did a fabulous job of decorating the dinner table for christmas and felt it needed to be captured.  My only regret with the picture is the background.  I didn't think through the composition of the picture and captured the TV on the patio - not the best background possible.  Here's the information on the picture:
ISO:  400
1/80 Shutter
f5.6 Aperature
I've applied two actions in PhotoShop Elements - Pioneer Woman Colorized and Pioneer Woman Fresh Color

Thanks Mom for turning me on to Pioneer Woman.  She has a great blog for photography.

What's everyone else's New Year's Resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. You may recall my resolution two years ago that lasted 26 days??? Anyway, I think that problem is mostly under control, so I've chosen a new one. I only made it yesterday and then I broke it today. I've resolved to stop gossiping. But then I spoke to my friend in Florida and we got to talking about things, and then about people, and then I broke the resolution. I'm back on it though (unlike Jan 26 2009 where I just gave up for the rest of the year). Good luck! I also know a PT who does it for free :)

    ReplyDelete